- Glass when used as single glazing in windows benefiting from the light and heat of the sun is possible, but high amount of heat loss occurs in winter. Increasing the thickness of glass does not contribute to heat insulation.
- Insulating glass units contribute to energy saving by decreasing the loss of heat through windows and provide a comfortable environment.
- When conventional double glazing (insulating glass unit) is used instead of single glazing, heat loss halves. Şişecam pioneered the production of double glazing units in Turkey in 1974 under the trademark Isıcam ® .
- As a result of intensive studies in glass technology; coated glasses aiming to provide better heat insulation and energy saving are developed. Insulating glass units incorporating coated glass provide effective heat insulation.
- Isıcam Sinerji ® is the trademark of heat control coated insulating glass units of Trakya Cam.